This is a great recipe for when you have leftover pasta & want to kick it up a notch. I have recently been on a mei fun kick & order it whenever we get Chinese takeout. But as is common with takeout, I end up with a TON of leftovers & get sick of eating the same thing over & over again. So here is my self-made recipe to bring boring noodles back to a delicious entree.
This recipe makes about (5) one-cup servings & is packed with almost all of your recommended daily amount of vitamin A which is great for your vision & immune system!
- 4 cups of leftover cooked pasta
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, then add oil
- Once oil has heated, add mushrooms, carrots, onion & garlic, cooking 3-4 mins or until onions become translucent
- Add in jalapeño, ginger & peas cooking an additional 2-3 minutes
- Reduce to medium heat & add pasta and 1/2 cup of water to pan. Simmer for about 4 minutes to infuse pasta with the flavors in the pan.
Be sure to comment & let me know what you think!