To quote my best friend, “This is probably the best dish you make.” I’m taking that as a compliment that these are super good, rather than saying my other dishes are sub-par. In all seriousness though, these are probably the most delicious & easy way to prepare carrots that I’ve found. I make them at least weekly & my best friend requests that I make them every time we have dinner together. Not to mention I brought them to Easter & they were all gobbled up there too!
The seasoning that I usually use for them is Kirkland’s Signature “Rustic Tuscan Seasoning.” It’s a blend of roasted garlic, bell peppers, rosemary, basil, oregano, sea salt, black pepper, green onion & lemon. You could probably get similar results from adding those ingredients in one by one, but the pre-made spice mix is just so much simpler. Plus they sell it in large quantities, so it’ll last you forever! I have a 13.5 oz container that I’ve had almost 3 years & it’s finally on the last fourth. It’s a good spice to use on any vegetable, but I especially like it in mashed potatoes & on these carrots.
If you aren’t able to get ahold of that seasoning, try using some of the spices you have on hand! I’ve used random combinations of seasoning salt, lemon pepper, dried oregano, rosemary, & garlic salt in the past & they’ve all turned out great as well. This recipe yields about four 1/2 cup servings.
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 Tbsp. Kirkland Signature Tuscan Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. vegan butter (optional)
- 1/2 cup of water as needed
- Heat a skillet to medium heat, melting butter in pan if using it
- Add chopped carrots, 1/4 cup of water & seasoning
- Cook carrots about 10 minutes or until they’ve reached desired tenderness, stirring occasionally & adding remaining water as needed to prevent sticking