I made an apple pie earlier this week that called for peeled & cored apples. Not wanting to waste the peels, I decided to simply bake them with some cinnamon & brown sugar. What a delicious snack!
- 1 cup of leftover apple skins (about 8 apples’ worth)
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Combine apple skins, brown sugar & cinnamon in a bowl, tossing to coat
- Bake 20-30 minutes for soft apple skins or bake 40 mins for crispier apple chip skins