Another recipe from Ten Talents cookbook (buy it here: http://www.amazon.com/Ten-Talents-Cookbook-Rosalie-Hurd/dp/0615255973/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428510969&sr=8-1&keywords=Ten+Talents). I used canned candied yams instead of fresh yams/sweet potatoes because I had some on hand. If you’re using fresh yams/sweet potatoes be sure to cook them first, then move on when they’re cool enough to handle.
This recipe yields about 4 servings.
- 1 can of candied yams (or 1-2 yams/sweet potatoes, cooked)
- 1 Cup sautéed onions
- Salt to taste
- Parsley and/or chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375
- Chop cooked/canned yams & combine with onions in a non-stick baking dish
- Season with a pinch of salt & bake for 30 mins or until lightly browned
- Garnish with parsley or chives (I used both)