This recipe is so simple & delicious; definitely a must-have for BBQs & potlucks this summer! Another great find out of my Ten Talents cookbook (my #1 recommendation for plant-based recipes). The original recipe is called “Bow Tie Garden Pasta Salad,” but why limit yourself to one type of pasta? This recipe is verstile & I chose to use a tricolor rotini wheat-pasta, but use whatever pasta you have on hand! I do think that smaller pastas would probably work better than long ones – i.e. use rings, macaroni, bowties, penne over spaghetti, vermicelli, lasagna, etc. Also feel free to play around with the type of salad dressing & veggies you use.
I also added 1 cup of canned beans to the recipe to get some added protein in there for us plant-based eaters! Feel free to use any type that you like, I used organic salad beans which have a mixture of kidney, garbanzo & pinto.
- 8 oz. favorite pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup of favorite canned beans
- 1 cup bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced or chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Italian parsley, minced
- Vegan Italian salad dressing to taste (I used Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing)
- Cook pasta according to package directions & drain
- Rinse with cold water & drain again
- In a large bowl combine pasta with remaining ingredients & toss gently to coat
- Cover & chill at least 2 hours
Yes, it’s really that simple!