If you have a computer & love to cook, Pinterest needs to be on your radar. There are so many good recipes to find there! This one is an update from: http://bakerbynature.com/skinny-one-pan-veggie-fajita-pasta/ . The changes I made were simply taking out the greek yogurt & swapping some ingredients for what I had on hand. I always love recipes like this that use just one pan because it means less cleanup!
As always I encourage you to play around with spices & veggies in this dish. Be sure to comment below & let me know how it turns out for you!
If you’re a plant-based eater, feel free to add a can of your favorite beans (black would work well) to this recipe for some added protein.
This recipe yields about 8 servings, so if you’re cooking for a smaller group, consider halving it. The nutritional facts are based on the ingredients listed here – without any beans added in.
One Pan Tex-Mex Pasta
- 16 ounces linguine
- (1) 10 oz can diced tomatoes (I used Rotel diced tomatoes & green chiles)
- (1) 8 oz container vegetable stock
- (1) 15 oz can of corn
- 2 Tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground oregano
- 2 sprigs cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper & salt, to taste
- 2 1/2 cups water
- In a VERY large pot or skillet, combine linguini, tomatoes, stock, hot sauce, onion, garlic, cilantro, oil, salt, cumin, chili powder, oregano, pepper, and water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Boil mixture, stirring and turning pasta frequently, until pasta is cooked and the sauce has nearly evaporated, about 11 minutes. (It may look like a lot of sauce when you remove the pan from heat, but it will soak into the pasta). Remove cilantro sprigs if visible.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped cilantro & serve immediately.