Pizza is such a versatile food & definitely not something you need to give up when you go vegan! I really enjoy making different plant based pizzas, and it’s amazing how great they taste even without non-dairy cheese! This one is loaded with refried beans, tomatoes, zucchini, and fresh peas – much of which came from my local CSA share****link What’s not to love?
*Please note the nutrition facts may change based on the crust you use.
Mexi-Flare Mini Pizza
Yield: 3 servings (1/3 pizza each)
- 1 pre-made 9” vegan pizza crust
- ½ cup refried beans
- 1.5 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup fresh shelled peas
- Preheat oven as directed on pizza crust package – if you are using raw dough, you may need to pre-bake the dough for a while before adding toppings.
- Spread refried beans thickly over entire crust
- Sprinkle zucchini, tomatoes, and peas over bean “sauce”
- Bake as directed on pizza crust package, or until crust begins to brown and veggies are soft.
I enjoyed mine with a few dashes of hot sauce on top; yum! Let me know what you think of the recipe in the comments below! Positive or negative, your feedback is always appreciated!